Ferrochrome is one of the chemicals that is used in many industries due to its special characteristics. These explanations examine the features and applications of this ferroalloy, how it is produced and the different types of this material will pay.
This ferroalloy is a hard, white-silver metal with anti-rust properties and high corrosion resistance.
The anti-rust property of this ferroalloy is due to the formation of a chromium oxide layer on its surface, which prevents the reaction with air oxygen. In addition, this material has the property of high gloss and light reflection, which makes it used in the decoration industry and the production of household appliances such as dishes and car decorations.
In the steel industry, ferrochromic is an important and widely used material. The use of this material in the steel industry is very common due to its special features, including anti-rust properties, corrosion resistance, and the ability to increase the hardness and surface resistance of steel.
Some of the methods of using this material in the steel industry are:
- Covering : One of the main applications of this material in the steel industry is its coating on steel parts and surfaces. Using different methods such as electroplating, electrolysis and heat coating, ferrochrome is applied as a layer on steel. In addition to creating beauty, this coating of this material adds high resistance to rust, corrosion and wear to steel.
- Strengthening and hardening of steel: This material is used as an alloying element in steel to improve the hardening and resistance properties of steel. By adding this alloy to steel, its surface resistance increases and improves impact and wear resistance.
- Used in steel casting: This material is also used as an alloy element in steel casting. Adding this alloy to the steel alloy improves its mechanical properties and thermal resistance. Also, this substance can be used as a pigment agent and give color and beauty to steel.
- Use in stainless steel: This material is used as a basic element in the production of stainless steel. Stainless steel has a high percentage of this material, which makes it highly resistant to rust and corrosion. This property is due to the formation of a coating of ferrochrome oxide impurities on the surface of the steel.
- Automotive Industry: This alloy is widely used in the automotive industry. Among its applications, it can be mentioned covering car parts, rims, ridges, railings, and car interior handles. Due to its anti-rust and shiny properties, this alloy gives cars more beauty, corrosion and rust resistance, and mechanical strength.
- building industry: This alloy is also used in the construction industry. It is used to cover doors, windows, handles, seats and other metal parts. This use makes the metal parts not exposed to corrosion and rust and withstand water, humidity and harsh environmental conditions.
Ferrochrome is used in many industries due to its anti-rust properties, corrosion resistance and light reflection. Some of the applications of ferrochrome are:
Automotive industry: This material is used in the production of car parts such as fenders, rims and wiring. It is also used in interior and front decoration of cars.
Household appliances industry: This material is used in the production of washing machines, refrigerators, gas stoves and other household appliances.
Furniture industry: This material is used in the production of modern furniture and chairs and other containers. The glossiness and light reflection of this material gives beauty and elegance to the products.
Packaging industry: due to its anti-rust properties and corrosion resistance, this material is used in the production of packaging materials. These materials are used as coatings on other metals to protect them from rust and corrosion.
Medical industry: This substance is used as an anti-rust and bactericide in the medical industry. Its applications include surgical equipment, medical instruments and imaging devices
This material is extracted from chromite mine. After the extraction of chromite, the production process of this material includes the following steps:
• Crushing and grinding of chromite: Chromite is crushed and then ground to the right size for processing.
Chromium metal extraction: In this step, chromium is separated from chromite. This process is done by methods such as thermal and chemical methods.
• Production of this material: after chrome extraction, oxygen is added to it to produce ferrochrome. This process is known as “ferrochroming” and in it, chromium is used as a catalyst and the final result is a combination of chromium and oxygen in the form of ferrochrome.
This material is available in different types, each of which has different properties and uses. Some types of ferrochrome are:
- Industrial ferrochrome: This type of ferrochrome is used as a rust-proof and corrosion-resistant coating on industrial parts and products. This coating is used as a protective layer on metals to protect them from corrosion, rust and erosion.
- Ferro chrome plating: This type of ferro chrome is applied to other products to make them more beautiful and more resistant to corrosion and rust. Ferrochrome plating is used as a decorative and protective method in industries such as automotive, furniture and home appliances.
- Edible ferrochrome: This type of ferrochrome is usually used in the food industry. For example, it is used in the production of kitchen parts, serving and eating utensils. Edible ferrochrome has food safety features and is made from special materials that prevent direct contact with food.
- Medical ferrochrome: This type of ferrochrome is used in the medical industry. For example, it is used in surgical instruments, dental instruments, and imaging devices. Medical ferrochrome has anti-rust properties, corrosion resistance and disinfection capabilities, which are very important in medical environments.
In general, ferrochrome is used as an important material in the steel industry and plays an important role in improving the properties of steel through coating, strengthening steel, use in casting. Also, it is used as an important material in the automotive, construction and other industries.
- Foundry industry: This material also has important applications in the foundry industry. By adding ferrochrome to steel alloys used in casting, the mechanical properties and thermal resistance of parts can be improved. These parts include car parts, industrial parts and construction tools.
- Other industries: This alloy has various applications in other industries as well. It is used in the industry of cutting and drilling tools, gardening tools, electrical tools and construction industry. Also, this material is used in the production of household appliances, furniture and decorative objects.
Conclusion: This alloy has many uses as an important material in the steel industry with diverse applications and unique properties, including anti-rust property, corrosion resistance, increased hardness and surface resistance of steel.
This material is used in the coating of steel parts, steel reinforcement, casting, automotive, construction and other industries. Considering the many properties and applications of this material, its role in improving the quality and performance of steel and various industries is very important.
Low carbon ferrochrome
High carbon ferrochrome
فروکروم چینی و هندی
- وارد کننده تامین کننده
- وارد کننده تامین کننده
Iranian metallurgical industry leader company with more than a decade of experience in importing and supplying ferrochrome in Iran
This company is engaged in the import and supply of Chinese and Indian ferrochrome.
Iranian metallurgical industry leader company with the best price and best quality
It is ready to enter into contracts with reliable factories of the country in specified proportions by LC and TT methods.