Manganese is used in steel industry, foundry, metallurgy, chemical industry, electronic industry, ceramic industry.
One of the most important applications of this ferroalloy in the industry is the preparation of iron alloys and as the main material for cast iron and steel.
Manganese is an element in the seventh group of the periodic table, its atomic number is 25, its color is silvery and hard.
Ferro Manganese (Ferro Manganese) has features and properties that are used in the steel and foundry industry. Its most important features and properties are:
1. Hardness increase: ferromanganese increases its hardness by adding manganese to steel. This property is important for the production of tools and parts that require high strength and hardness.
2. Corrosion resistance: Adding this ferroalloy to steel increases its resistance to corrosion and rust. This property is important for use in parts that interact with weather conditions or chemicals.
3. Wear resistance: This ferroalloy increases the wear resistance of steel. This property is important for use in parts that come into contact with other surfaces and require resistance to wear, such as bearings and gears.
4. Increasing the yield point: adding this ferroalloy to steel can increase its yield point. This feature leads to an increase in the steel’s resistance to shocks and impact loads.
5. Reducing the melting point: This ferroalloy can reduce the melting point of steel. This property is used in steel melting and casting processes and can reduce the cost and time required for thermal processes.
The applications of ferromanganese in the steel industry are:
1. Improving the physical properties of steel: This ferroalloy improves properties such as hardness, resistance to corrosion and wear by adding manganese to steel. Also, this alloy can increase the temperature of the transition point of the steel and change the magnetic properties.
2. Lowering the melting point of steel: Adding this ferroalloy to steel can lower its melting point, which is used in melting and casting processes.
3. Iron formation control: Manganese in this ferroalloy can help iron formation (deoxidation) in steelmaking processes and destroy the oxides in steel.
4. Production of alloy steels: This ferroalloy is used in the production of some alloy steels, including stainless steels and steels that are more resistant to water, corrosion and high heat.
In general, this ferroalloy improves the quality and performance of steel by improving its physical and chemical characteristics.
To recognize a high-quality ferro-manganese, one must be familiar with the structural and appearance characteristics of this material.
- The appearance of ferromanganese is very similar to a lump.
- This product is free of non-metallic impurities and foreign pollution.
- The melting point of this product varies from 1050 to 1260 degrees Celsius depending on its grade.
- It does not contain any odor or moisture and is completely dry and has a shiny surface.
- Before oxidation, it has a silver color and a metallic surface, but when exposed to air, it oxidizes and darkens in color.
- Volumetric density of ferro-manganese is 4 tons per cubic meter.
- It cannot be dissolved in water.
- It has very low reactivity and does not react with other substances.
- It is in solid form and is available in small and lumpy form in the market.
Ferromanganese is mainly produced in electric furnaces. The production process of ferromanganese is:
1. Preparation of raw materials: Raw materials for the production of this ferroalloy include pure manganese and iron. Pure manganese is extracted from manganese mines and supplied as fragments or ash. Iron is also usually extracted from iron ore and prepared in the form of pieces or particles whose size is acceptable.
2. Mixing raw materials: In this step, pure manganese and iron are mixed with each other according to the required ratio. The particle size of the raw materials must be homogeneous so that they can be uniformly porous in the melting process.
3. Melting of materials: raw materials mixed in electric furnaces or electric arc furnaces are melted at high temperature. In this process, electricity is applied to the material through an electric arc to melt it. The energy from this process increases the temperature of materials and melts them.
4. Alloying and casting: After the materials are completely melted, some ferrosilicon may be added as an alloying agent. Then, the resulting alloy of this ferroalloy is cast in molten form in suitable molds. These templates can be various molds or formers, such as metal blocks or scrap iron. Finally, the spilled material is neutralized and marketed as ferromanganese.
This ferroalloy produced in this process can be packed in the form of small pieces, small pieces or granules and presented for use in various industries.
It is one of the most widely used ferroalloys in the steel production industry.
High-carbon ferromanganese makes the parts well cut; Therefore, high-carbon ferro-manganese must be used in well-cut parts.
In general, manganese is one of the 5 alloying elements that increases the tensile strength of steel by 10 kg for every 3% of manganese.
After adding ferroalloys, the amount of carbon cannot be changed or reduced and the size of carbon must be controlled, low carbon or medium carbon ferromanganese is used.
The production method of these ferro-manganeses is the process of decarbonization, manganese ores, etc. Is .
The explanations given are about ferromanganese and its applications in steel and foundry industry.
Ferromanganese is an alloy that adds important features and properties to steel by adding manganese to it. Some of these features include increased hardness, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and increased yield point.
Also, this ferroalloy plays an important role in controlling iron formation in steel. By using ferromanganese, the level of iron generation in steel can be controlled and the role of iron generation in improving the quality of steel and preventing the formation of oxide impurities is lost.
The production process of this ferroalloy includes preparation of raw materials, mixing of materials, melting of materials in electric furnaces and alloying. After melting, the ferro-manganese alloy is cast in various molds and sold as a final material in the market.
The applications of this ferroalloy in the steel and foundry industry include the production of tools and parts with high resistance, parts that interact with corrosion and rust conditions, parts that require wear resistance, and use in thermal and casting processes.
According to the characteristics and properties of this ferroalloy and its applications, it can be concluded that this alloy plays an important role in improving the quality and properties of steel and casting, and improves the performance and efficiency of industrial products in various industries. In addition, the use of this ferroalloy in the steel and foundry industry leads to increased productivity and reduced resource wastage.
Considering these cases, we can conclude that this ferroalloy is a fundamental and valuable factor in the steel and foundry industry, which has a significant effect on improving the quality and performance of final products.
High carbon ferromanganese
Medium carbon ferromanganese
|0.2 % Max
Low carbon ferromanganese
فرومنگنز در کشور
- وارد کننده تامین کننده
- وارد کننده تامین کننده
Iranian metallurgical industry leader company with more than a decade of experience in ferromanganese import in Iran
This company is engaged in importing high carbon ferromanganese, low carbon ferromanganese and medium carbon ferromanganese.
Iranian metallurgical industry leader company with the best price and best quality
It is ready to enter into contracts with reliable factories of the country in specified proportions by LC and TT methods.